It’s a super duper awesome start to the new year, because after a long hiatus during which I’ve been working reeeeeeally hard and not blogging so much (sorry, I am still alive, honest!), I just found out I won an award for The Day Of The Wave, which I’d only just started writing this time last year. Where does the time go, seriously?!
I won the number 1 Favourite Non-Fiction and Biography Book Award in the THE Book Club (TBC) Arthur Awards for The Day of The Wave, voted by 4000 people! What a nice start to 2016, thank you to whoever voted! You’ve really inspired me to WRITE WRITE WRITE in 2016!
I’m working on something a little different at the moment, so hopefully I’ll have some news about that soon.
Thank you readers, and happy new year! x
All the winners are here, congrats everyone, I can’t wait to read all your fabulous stories:
1. Favourite Non-Fiction/Biography Book – The Day of The Wave – Becky Wicks
2. Favourite Fantasy/Science Fiction Book – The Martian – Andy Weir
3. Favourite Mystery/Suspense/Thriller – I Let You Go – Clare Mackintosh
4. Best Fictional Character – Ove from A Man Called Ove – Fredrick Backman
5. Best Contemporary Fiction – Shtum – Jeremy Lester
6. Best Book Title for In My Pants – Shit Happens – Eileen Wharton-Wr
7. Favourite Psychological Thriller – I Let You Go – Clare Mackintosh
8. Favourite Crime/Police Procedural – Evil Games – Angie Marsons
9. Most Exotic Location – Ceylon – The Tea Planters Wife – Dinah Jefferies
10. Favourite Historical Fiction – The Tea Planters Wife – Dinah Jefferies
11. Favourite Chick-Lit/Romance/Women’s Lit – Lessons from Ducks –Tammy Robinson
12. Scariest Villian – Alex from Evil Games by Angie Marsons
13. Favourite Comedy/Humour – Clovenhoof – Heide Goody/Iain Grant
14. Most Epic Ending – Charlie & Pearl – Tammy Robinson
15. Favourite Paranormal/Supernatural – Don’t Turn Around – Caroline Mitchell